Ways to Plan Ahead:
- Gather personal information for your obituary.
- Choose a charity to direct donations to, if desired.
- Choose a funeral home.
- Make note of any instructions for your services and final disposition.
- Choose burial or cremation.
- Select a casket or cremation container.
- Choose locations and types of services.
- Choose floral arrangements.
- Select which photographs and memorabilia you’d like to display.
- Consider any customs, traditions, or religious rites that are important to you and your family.
- Choose the clothing you’d like to be dressed in.
- Select music and hymns, if desired.
- Choose a theme for decorations and stationery at your services.
- Arrange transportation for your physical remains and your family.
- Choose a clergy member or officiator to preside over the service.
- Select any musicians whose talents you’d like to employ.
- Select pallbearers.
- Choose friends or family members to perform the eulogy, read scripture, or prepare a speech.
- Choose a cemetery.
- Select a burial plot or mausoleum.
- Select a memorial or grave marker and inscription.
- Decide who will keep your urn.
- Decide who will scatter your ashes and where.
You can start pre-planning using our form to create your personalized funeral arrangements.
Information You'll Need
- Your father’s name
- Your mother’s maiden name
- Your level of education
- Your social security number
- Fraternal organizations
- Service organizations
- Union memberships
- Any special recognitions you have
Military Service Information
- Military service
- Branch rank
- Date of enlistment
- Date of discharge
- Name(s) of war/conflict(s) toured
- Serial number
There’s no need to make all the decisions right away. For personalized assistance in creating your plan, contact us to schedule a one-on-one meeting.